SCSI pass through for SMART via USB on MacOSX smartmontools? 3rd party code available!
|Reported by:||putzfetzenorg||Owned by:||cooties|
Dear smartmontools developers!
Until the very recent version of smartmontools (5.39), SMART through USB was not possible on Mac OS X, because the Mac OS X kernel does not support SCSI pass through (reasoning of Christian Franke).
Meanwhile I googled for:
And found a person, who wrote a SCSI pass through driver for Mac OS X:
In the site's comment section I asked as Stefan Nowak whether this code could be used for passing through SMART:
And the developer answered within the site's comment section as wagerlabs, that it should work:
I don't know low-level coding, otherwise I would offer my help. Please, dear Darwin related smartmontools developers: Could you built SMART through USB support into the Mac version of smartmontools?
Regards, Stefan Nowak
Change History (30)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by putzfetzenorg
- Summary changed from SCSI pass through for SMART via USB on MacOSX Rsync? 3rd party code available! to SCSI pass through for SMART via USB on MacOSX smartmontools? 3rd party code available!
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by cooties
- Owner changed from somebody to cooties
- Status changed from new to accepted
comment:29 Changed 4 years ago by chrfranke
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from accepted to closed